Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

eat; fruit salad with banana chia pudding


As most of you know, I've been in New York staying with friends over this last week. I must admit to having a little panic attack about the idea of not being able to make my green smoothies for breakfast! I even considered buying a blender and leaving it behind at my friends place, just so I could keep up my morning ritual! 

It was a ridiculous idea and I did eventually talk myself out of it. I decided to change up my breakfast and settle for a more 'travel friendly' breaky. A banana chia pudding served with a fruit salad. I have been having this every morning and it is yum and easy to make!

What you need;
2 Tbls chia seeds
3/4 coconut water, filtered water, almond milk, soya milk or whatever liquid tickles your fancy.
1 banana
1 cup of fruit salad made from your favourite fruits.
Handful of your favourite nut, soaked

















Place the chia seeds into a bowl and pour the coconut water over them. Stir and set aside while you cut up the fruit for the salad. Let the seeds soak for at least 5 minutes. 

Add banana to the chia seeds and mash with the back of a fork. Stir through into the chia pudding.

Add your fruit salad and stir through. Top with your favourite nuts.

Vola! A healthy and appetizing breaky for when you're on the run!


You can be totally creative with this breaky adding raw cocoa nibs or shredded coconut, dried fruits or fresh mint. Change it up and enjoy!

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment