1. Roses blooming in gardens. There is something special about a rose that is home grown. You definitely can't beat the smell of them and it's always a pleasure to stop and smell them as you walk on by a bush. LOVE!
2. Absolutely Fabulous. Yes definitely showing my age here! I was reminded about this show by a friend of mine this week and how hooked I was on it during the nineties. If you're unaware of it, get onto youtube and check out some clips. Too funny! LOVE!
3. My friend explaining how her three year old daughter broke her arm. Alicia thinks she is an actual fairy and while dressed in her fairy costume, she attempted to fly off her bed and instead, broke her arm. Such a sweet story! So often it is about a boy who wanted to fly like superman not a girl who wanted to fly like a fairy! LOVE!
4. Italian Easter Eggs. They are usually made with dark chocolate and soooo overly decorated with the words Buona Pasqua written on them. They are then wrapped in cellophane and ribbons to boot! LOVE!
5. Italian Easter Cake. It's actually called a Colombo which means Dove. Similar to a Panettone it is traditionally given to each family for Easter and is soooo YUM! It has a crunchy sugary top with almonds while being soft and fluffy with orange rind pieces on the inside. LOVE!
6. People wearing bunny ears! I loved that people got into the spirit of Easter rebirth by wearing bunny ears! Seemed like everyone from shop assistants to bar tenders were onto it this year. LOVE!
7. Booking my ticket back to Lala Land! Goodbye Australian winter, hello Californian summer! Be there June 20th! LOVE!
9. Receiving a replica of Princess Diana's engagement ring in the mail! My friends mum sent it all the way from Canada; a bit of Commonwealth comradeship. I wore it out one night catching up with a few people I haven't seen in a while and their eyes went straight to my finger as if I came back from The States engaged! LOVE!
Ai Weiwei is still detained by the Chinese Government with no word yet). Be free to live. LOVE!